I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IMPORTANT: Clarification on my fundrasing status for France


I am sorry, but it seems that I have not been communicating very clearly about my financial needs for studying abroad in France.

I have reached my financial goal for spending money only. This money is made up of my savings,  what I have earned from selling my cookies, and what I have earned by babysitting. It will cover the cost of clothes, school books, toiletries, bus tickets, and any other personal needs I may have while in France.

I have not, however,  raised all the necessary funds to partipate in the program. I am still very much in need of money to pay for air fares, a visa, and the services of CIEE, the organization that is finding me a host family and enrolling me in a school. Altogether, I will have to raise at least $7,000 if I receive the scholarship I applied for.

I would also like to let you know that while I am not officially accepted yet, CIEE's office in France is just sorting out the details of where I will stay. I have been told that I have a 99% chance of being officially accepted. The woman in the organization whom I have been in contact with has advised me to move forward as if I was already accepted and to apply for a visa. This means that I should also be trying to raise money so I will be ready to pay fees and buy plane tickets as soon as I hear of my official acceptance and the location in France where I will be living.

Yes, the amount of money I will need to fulfill my plans of studying abroad is staggering to me, but I know that with the support of others and the help of God, it is possible to raise the money needed. I am confident that if it is God's will for me to go to France, which I think is the case, then He will provide.

Thank you for your support- whether in prayer or in finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment