I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am here!


So, I have been in North Carolina for the past week, having way to much fun to post on my blog. I arrived safely after several flight delays and am thankful that none of my flights got cancelled. I am staying with the Rollands, a family who used to live on the ship. My friend Bethany and I have been having a lot of fun together. Here are some pictures of our various adventures.


Bethany and I being weird... trying on hats and sunglasses


Camping in the backyard


Still camping


The view from the backyard


Biltmore House- a tourist attraction in North Carolina


Bethany's little brother David standing by a fountain and making a strange face



Me in front of Biltmore House


The landscape from a balcony at  Biltmore- the estate has 8,000 acres of land


More landscape


Part of Biltmore House


Me standing on the balcony


Bethany sitting on the balcony


Decorations on the pillars of the house


Some more of Biltmore


Gardens at Biltmore


Horses at the Biltmore petting zoo


Bethany petting a baby goat


Bethany on a segway


Bethany and her mom


The entrance to Carowinds amusement park


People riding the Intimidator, a roller coaster at Carowinds


The scrambler


Bethany and her brother Joey


Bethany and I at Carowinds
I tried to put some videos of us on rides, but unfortunately they would not upload. There was one particularly funny clip in which the roller coaster went around a sharp turn and a southern man yelled "yee-haw." As you can see, I am having a great summer. I appreciate your prayers and hope that you are all having wonderful summers also.


No comments:

Post a Comment