I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It is Time

Well, after a lot of preparation, it is time for me to fly to the U.S. I will leave late tonight (or early tomorrow). I will miss all of you who live on the ship, especially my family and my good friend Iona. Today I took Xavier to Mc Donald's and the park so we could spend some time together before I left. Out of all my brothers, Xavier is taking my coming departure the hardest, probably since he is not old enough to understand how long a year is or when he will see me again.

Xavier and I

Xavier playing on the toys by Mc Donald's

Please pray that my mom, my brother, and I will have safe travels and experience God's traveling mercies. Please pray that we will all have a wonderful summer, and that I will have a good time in France. Thank you all for reading my blog and being supportive!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace! Have a great time this year! we'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete