I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello,this is my first blog post. When I decided that I wanted to start a blog to communicate more regularly with you about what is going on in my life, I sat at my computer for quite a while trying to figure out a title. My parents and I brainstormed plenty, but I couldn't quite figure out what exactly I wanted to call my blog. Finally, I came up with "God's Travelling Mercies and Grace."

I like this title because it is a kind of word play about my name, the kind of life I have, and God. For me, the phrase "God's travelling mercies" brings to mind many of the difficulties I have encountered in my journeys and how God came through for me each time. I'm sure you probably have your own stories about how God has blessed you in hard situations, whether in literal travels or just the road of life. As for my life, I have been to about fourteen countries even though I am only fourteen years old. Being surrounded by people from different cultures and backgrounds is normal for me. Grace is the undeserved gift of salvation that we can receive thorough Jesus. Grace is also my name, the way people identify me, my personal label. So, what my blog title means to me is "God comes through for me in difficult situations, gives me the gift of salvation even though I do not deserve it, and loves me personally."

I hope that the title of my blog somehow resonates with you and reminds you of all God has done for us. I plan to use this blog as a place to share stories, thoughts, questions, prayer requests, updates, photos, things God is teaching me, etc.  I hope that you will read my posts and comment on them every now and then. In doing so, you accompany me on the multifaceted travels of life by taking the time to get to know a bit about me and sharing a bit of yourself so I can get to know and keep in touch with you.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice kick off entry. You write so well, I know I'll enjoy your blog! Pray you are doing well in Guinea.

    ReplyDelete