I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

When You're 15

Friday October 19 was my fifteenth birthday. To celebrate, I invited my friends over for dinner. We ate delicious enchiladas made by my mom. Instead of cake, we had root beer floats. If you have read the page about my friends and family, then you will know that my best friend Iona is the only other girl in my class. All of my birthday guests besides Iona and my brothers were adult friends. My teacher, my youth group leader, and the lady who coordinates the women's retreats are some examples.




 


My youth group leader Sarah with her mom, who is here for a visit


Me next to my birthday cards and gifts


All of my birthday cards
  My parents gave me a wonderful birthday gift this year. It is a Canon Power Shot camera with a very nice red case. This camera will be very useful since I am taking a digital photography class in school. Thank you mom and dad!



Me opening my gift

My new camera and case


No comments:

Post a Comment