I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School

I'm not going to lie, today was hard. It started when I walked into the classroom last and everyone else was already sitting down. Then, I only got one student assigned to me because he was the only one who spoke good English.
 
At lunch time I figured out where the cafeteria was, but I wasn't very hungry and didn't have a lunch ticket, so I was going to skip lunch, but a teacher found me and told me that eating lunch was not optional. The food was not good at all.

Several times there was miscommunication or something important that I didn't understand because it was in French. At the end of the day, I had a huge headache from hearing French all day and not understanding 3/4 of it.

On the up side, I met a group of girls that live nearby and are nice. One of them speaks good English. And I survived without any major mental break downs or horrible mistakes. I know that even though it's hard I will be O.K and at the end of the year I will be able to speak French and have a great experience to talk about!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment