I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Monday, September 2, 2013

My Host Family

A few days ago the prep course finished and everyone took trains to their host families. We were all excited and nervous.

I am living in Tatinghem, a small town in the north of France in the Lille area. I have three host sisters who are 13, 12, and 6. There is also the two parents and a golden retriever.

When my host family picked me up, we went to Nathalie's (my host mom) sisters house for lunch.
Albert, an Australian exchange student, and his host family also came. His host family and mine are good friends, so we see each other whenever there is a family and friends get together.

Yesterday my host dad, the girls, and I went to the beach. We walked on the sand, ate ice cream, found a little sea anemone, and saw the coast of England across the channel.

Today I will start school at La Malassise, a private school that specializes in science and economics. I am nervous, since I don't know much French, but I know I will learn eventually. The school's administrator said that he will assign two students to me who I can ask questions and get help from.

I am having a great time in France so far, and am excited for the rest of the year!

4 comments: