I am part of a family of six who followed God's call to live on a ship, the Africa Mercy, in order to bring hope and healing to the poor of West Africa. Living here has shaped my character and strengthened my relationship with the LORD. Although my life journey has included excitement, adventure, frustration, monotony, joy, heartache, craziness,mercy, fun, pain, hope, and many other highs and lows, God has always come through for me in the little things and the big things. As I continue serving Jesus I invite you to join me, support me in prayer, and catch up on what is happening in my life from time to time.

Friday, September 6, 2013

First Week of School

I am very relieved that it is the weekend! The school days in France are from 8:00 to 4:30 to 5:20, depending on the day. I understand most of my classes here, except French class. Unfortunately, I cannot yet read French novels. The rest of this week was much better than the first day, although I did have a few mishaps such as not being able to find where some classes were. Even though school was not too terrible, I am ready for a rest.

I am sort of beginning to make friends here, but it is hard since I cannot really speak to people or contribute to a conversation. There are some girls that I carpool with that live nearby and a girl in my class that I have been eating lunch with. I am impatient to learn French!

No comments:

Post a Comment